Our Both product PIPE-KOTE Coal Tar Tape & Coaltar Impregnated Fiber Glass are recommended for use on various types of pipelines :
- Cross country Water lines.
- National water lines.
- Cross country Oil lines [both static & anti-static.
- National Oil lines [both static & anti-static.
- Cross country Gas lines [LPG, CNG] [both static & anti-static.
- National Gas lines [LPG, CNG] [both static & anti-static.
- Sewage lines.
- Fire Hydrant lines.
- Inter City underground Electric supply tube.
- Underground & on ground Fiber Optic Cable Tunnel.
- Cross country Sea Channel [Data Cable, Fiber Optic cables.
EQUIPMENTA tourch with wider mouth is recommended.
- Surface must be free from dust, dirt, grease oil and other foreign material by scrapping or wire brushing to a SSPC-SP-1 standard
- If moisture is present, it should be removed before primer application by use of torch.
- PIPE-KOTE Primer-B is compatible with PIPE-KOTE Tape. The drum is shaken thoroughly to get a homogenous solution. Primer is applied by brush or spray after proper surface preparation.
- Precaution should be taken to avoid the contacts of any foreign material with the primed surface prior to application of PIPE-KOTE.
- PIPE-KOTE is applied after proper surface preparation and priming. When the primed surface gets tacky but not dry, by heating the coating side without polyester film until a smooth and glossy finish is obtained. Heating to be done by a wide-mouthed torch. Heating is to be done very carefully so that the film remains in a semi liquid state during application. Excessive heating is to be avoided. The heated tape is then applied with proper tension with an overlap of 10-12 mm.
- PSpiral wrapping as well as circumferential wrapping is possible with our tape.
- For weld joints the taping shall start and stop at least 4 inches onto the factory wrap.
STORAGE, HANDLING & SHIPPINGTo be stored in cardboard boxes in a cool dry covered area. Direct contact with sunlight to be avoided. Proper care must be taken while handling the material during stacking, loading and unloading.
SIZE & PACKINGAvailable in widths of 200 mm, 250 mm, 330 mm, 500 mm and 1000 mm in length of 10 mtrs and in thickness of 2,3 and 4 mm. Material is packed in a proper manner to avoid damage to the Tape-Rolls.
TECHNICAL SERVICESOther technical data and advice are available on request.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The use of gloves and goggles and fiber type mask is recommended when applying PIPE-KOTE